- DIVER: Chioma Abonyi
- NATIVE COUNTRY: Nigeria
- CATEGORY: Coder
- DIVE: HTML/CSS
- Level: 1
- REQUIREMENTS: Level 1 (Knows the basics of HTML & CSS)
When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive?
I decided to pursue this dive in 2019 when I joined an online company – Break Diving, whose activities are based on programming. I wanted to join the team behind the screen and therefore needed to learn HTML and CSS.
How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
It took me more than 5 months to accomplish this dive. At first, I was totally confused as to what it was all about because it all seemed strange. Looking at other people’s code made me feel defeated and unable to catch up.
I also did not have access to a steady internet connection for my learning as I was learning on my own on the web using my phone.
What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Dive Level?
The hardest part of achieving this dive was the constant need to keep practicing each day. Understanding what each tag stands for was difficult. The syntax and semantics were also very difficult. Another difficulty came with learning on my own. Questions that needed to be asked had to be directed to Google or virtual communities where one had to wait to be answered. All these factors could really slow down one’s learning pace and enthusiasm.
What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Dive Level?
The easiest part of achieving this dive was running the code. The cool breeze that blows when you see your code come to life is exhilarating. Also, talking about code with friends makes you feel like a genius and puts that big grin on your face.
What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
- Never give up. Trust me, you will get tired and sometimes frustrated but the joy that comes with running the code and seeing that it works is totally amazing and breathtaking.
- Keep practicing and learning new code each day. Verify how each bit of code is used. Set little challenges for yourself too like coding a formal letter, resume, or dropdown buttons. It is said that “A drop of rain makes an ocean”, so the little you learn each day is one more step to becoming an amazing programmer.
What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive at This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
- I recommend Sololearn because it’s an amazing platform on which to learn and meet new people. Plus, there are challenges set to test one’s knowledge. It also has a code playground where you get to code all that you have learned.
- The second would be Sitepoint because they teach using video tutorials which is very beneficial.
Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive.
One of my best adventurous days while pursuing this dive was the day I was coding a dropdown button. It was a new challenge that I set for myself. I started coding at around 11 P.M., searching the web to figure out how to go about it. It was hard because I saw new material and had to understand how it worked.
And then… it was 3 A.M.! Boom! The creation was done, and boy, it was beautiful! I felt on top of the moon and when I posted my code in the Sololearn community and started getting likes, ooh, I felt accomplished.
Now, I am searching for more challenges and more awesome projects to code. Yeah, I know, the sky is my limit!
How did you prove you met the requirements for this level?
1. I work on the Break Diving coding team. I helped to edit some of the front end features. All staff there verify my HTML and CSS coding abilities.
2. I completed the HTML Fundamentals course on Sololearn
Will you be pursuing the next level? If so, what is your plan? If not, why not?
Yes, I will definitely be pursuing the next level. Why? Well, why not! I love coding and HTML and CSS are the bedrock to becoming a Software Developer.
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Chioma Abonyi is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: CODER – HTML/CSS – LEVEL 1. Congratulations Chioma! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? We will certify you in your life accomplishments, and help you find new dives to pursue! Come join us at www.breakdiving.io and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!