- DIVER: Sokheng Net
- NATIVE COUNTRY: Cambodia
- CATEGORY: Scholar
- DIVE: Lifelong Learner
- Level: 1
- REQUIREMENTS: Level 1 (Reads/attends/listens to 5 educational books or programs in one year.)
Editor’s Note: English grammar is only corrected minimally for comprehension. We strive to keep all answers as authentic and original as possible.
When and Why Did You Decide to Pursue This Dive At This Level?
Thoroughly, it’s because I have a family and community to feed. I think it’s important to steadily ground the learning habit; not just for a day but for my entire life. I believe mastering our brain is particularly a true course of action while applying for a greater existence. A commitment to lifelong learning is a natural expression of the practice of living consciously.
How Long Did It Take For You To Accomplish This Dive At This Level From The Day You Decided To Pursue It, And Why Did It Take That Long?
Well, it’s a kind of long-lasting learning. As you can see from my certificates, I try to keep learning every year. However, I have an array of this learning perception. I never stop. I keep learning this year, in 2 years, in 5 years, and my entire life.
At the moment, I am absorbed with social works while planning to pursue a degree in public policy. Due to this, I am going to spend about 2 years starting from today learning the fundamental laws and public administration; not that high but I am obliged to perceive this discernment.
What Was The Hardest Part About Achieving This Dive Level?
Well, if I am speaking about the hardship through this learning, it’s quite challenging speaking about timing patterns. I have started working at 2 different places. The first job is for earning money to cover my living expenses while I go for a volunteering experience with an NGO. During the day time, my brain is split up into two different orders, and I have to power it all up at least 2 hours at night before doing some individual learning. Sometimes, it’s absolutely worn out, so I have to take a break prior to self-coaching.
What Was The Easiest Part About Achieving This Dive Level?
Thankfully to the internet and Google that bond me into learning anything I wish to dive for. And also thanks to the MOOCs revolution that inspires me a lot to learn and be capable of taking online classes. Also, thanks to the online library that authorizes downloading whatever I want to, I do not have to pay any cent. There are many sites of worldwide books that I can download to read on my electronic devices or print out for better scanning. I believe this learning style is very easy and healthier.
What Is Your Advice For Someone Who Is Pursuing This Dive And Level?
In my view, it’s important to never stop learning but make sure it also goes along with your current matters. For instance, if you are a student, you need to focus on the lessons in school rather than wasting time on the surface instrument. If you want to excel in marketing or sales, you need to master through books or relevant knowledge about sales or marketing. To me in general, I love reading histories and one country’s culture because, in my dreams, I want to travel the world, too.
Apart from having a specific purpose, it’s crucial to carry on the 4 more important treasures with you. We need to possess Aims, Strong Mindedness, Concentration, and Will Power. In other words, we need to learn to beat our mind to secure our learning habits. Additionally, I am not better in securing our mind to work as well. I am also making an effort to practice little by little everyday.
What Are Some Of The Best Resources You Recommend to Those Pursuing This Dive at This Level, And Why Do You Recommend Them? Please Include Relevant Weblinks, If Applicable.
For online classes, I recommend using LinkedIn Premium. There are many tips for learning sources. Plus, there are numerous topics to study with professional professors. When you finish a course, you can also redeem the certificate. However, it’s more important to have your self-motivation and discipline. To master online learning, you must stay focused and do not give up until the end of the lesson.
For book downloading, I prefer using Z-Library. It allows you to download 10 books freely in one day and access both Epub and PDF files.
Tell Us A Story Of One Of Your Adventures While Pursuing This Dive.
When I was in my junior grade at school, I was struggling with learning. I was born in a remote area and there was no electricity or internet connection. People including me learned from the very little amount of books that my school received from donors. However, I still feel I was luckier than others among my friends because I have my father who is very diligent in collecting books and that influenced me to become a bookworm later on.
From these opportunities today, especially passing through this internet era, it is crucial that I spend my valuable time learning anything I wished to learn when I was younger. It’s a great moment to dive for, no matter where we are.
How did you prove you met the requirements for this level?
First, here are the top 5 books I recommend that I have read:
1. Zen Mind Beginner Mind: I could say I am a person who loves to read about religions, especially, Buddhism and the Zen practice, so I pick up this small book to read. From the book, I get to learn about the emptiness of peoples’ body. Humans are like houses. When we look from outside, there is a valuable thing inside. However, inside, it’s only a hole where the wind comes in and out through the window.
2. The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: I picked up this book ( translated into the Khmer language) because its title and content is very interesting. The 7 objectives that I learnt from this book are:
– Be Proactive: the ability to have awareness in our everyday lives.
– Begin with the End in Mind: We need to define our personal goal by listing 4 or 5 things we wish to achieve in our life.
– Put First Thing First: Identify our working tasks in one list and priority one by one of what task you manage to do first. This can help being productive.
– Think Win/Win: Make sure every decision we make impacts both ourselves and people around us
– Seek First to be Understand then be Understood: To deeply learn something, we need to evaluate, probe, advise and interpret
– Synergise: think positively and give good to other people around us. Always keep learning.
– Sharpen the Saw: To live a good life, we need to keep ourselves balanced into 4 dimensions, Physical Dimension, Spiritual Dimension, Mental Dimension and Social Dimension.
3. The Power of Now: This book is one of my favorite books and I usually carry it around with me most of the time. Whenever I feel like I procrastinating, this book really helps me out to organize the task and valuable items I wish to learn to accomplish.
4. Introduction to Southeast Asia History: I picked up this book to learn and understand more about the root of Asian’s properties. The book provides many views of the rise and fall of some countries in Asia including Cambodia. It also explains about the curve of Asia under colonial eras and the new rise of having the country under western countries.
5. The Greatest Salesman in the World: This book is too good for not only the sales person, but also everyone who wishes to achieve his/her goal. Success comes by acting, not dreaming.
And here are many certificates I have earned so far:
Will you be pursuing the next level? If so, what is your plan? If not, why not?
Definitely yes! I truly know that everyone has his/her own natural drive to explore, learn, and grow.
Just like learning, it is never ending. Lifelong learning acquires new knowledge and fosters our personal growth as well as our professional careers. It also encourages us to improve our satisfaction of our quality of life including family and community.
And having made this post, and provided adequate evidence to the dive committee, Sokheng Net is now hereby certified by Break Diving, Inc. as: SCHOLAR – LIFELONG LEARNER – LEVEL 1. Congratulations Sokheng! Thank you for being an inspiration to others!
The author above wrote this WYSEguidance post as one of the certification requirements to become certified by Break Diving, Inc. for a dive completed. Would you also like to find greater success, happiness, and friendship, and make genuine supportive connections with others around the world pursuing your same dreams? We will certify you in your life accomplishments, and help you find new dives to pursue! Come join us at www.breakdiving.io and soon your story will be the next one you read about on this site!